Sunday, August 26, 2007

Luxury Tax

I spent the 80's playing Monopoly...and crimping my hair.

Every Sunday my Dad and I would sit on the floor and battle over Park Place...I had all the bliss that accompanies being young and naive.

Things were simple: Passing Go is good.

Luxury Tax is bad.


"Luxury Tax," as it pertains to me in 2007, is encased in the orange envelope of a parking ticket. Yes my friends, I am what the city cashier calls a "Collector."

Parking tickets aren't exactly Disney World quality "Fun..." but they don't ruin my day. It's like a daily tax for the luxury of parking wherever I wish.
So fellow ticket collector, don't despair. Not only are your windshield wipers being utilized on sunny days as well as rainy... My assistant "Steve" has provided a pictorial of alternate uses for your $16. mishaps:



No comments: