Sunday, May 18, 2008

So...I Spoke At Career Day...

Although heralded as the "Friends-To-Phone," when confronted with state capital quandaries and inquiries involving the inedible type of pie... The intellectual wizards of the 5th grade are still little kids...
I'd forgotten that the 4ft. tall members of society see the world through a spaghetti-O tainted kaleidoscope...

Little kids have interesting, "Kid-type," questions.

Such as:
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"Do you want to buy your own radio station one day?"
"Have you met Sol-ja-boi?"

Friends...

I have to admit...

The following events were occurring, in no particular order, the last time I had more than an hour of interaction with an under 18-er:

1. Sofia's goldenly girly voice was intro-ing stories with, "Picture it..."
2. I was striking a pose on each and every Cadillac...with pride. That is the Bangles way.
3. I was wearing 2 pairs of socks...different colors...slouched...with a coordinating, over-sized, cuffed t-shirt and stirrup pants...


It was the 80's...and I was a kid too.


But...


Career Day 2008 was fun...

Not because I know how to inspire the next generation with stories of risk & reward or hard work & dedication...

Because...

I used to be a kid too...

No comments: