Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Earnest, as you know, is my favorite.















Bottom line...

Favorite ________ (Fill in the blank with anything fuzzy and and happy...)

I don't bestow the title of "My Favorite," on just any orange person...

That's why the story below made me cry...

I can't imagine what it would be like to have my "Favorite" misplaced...


From: OregonLive.com










Thursday night, as the Kosten family was at Portland International Airport waiting for a connecting flight to Southern Oregon, a Horizon Air employee delivered devastating news:
Janel Kosten's beloved 6-year-old blue heeler, Bear, was missing. For reasons that aren't known, a baggage handler opened Bear's kennel while military jets were taking part in a noisy exercise overhead and Bear bolted. Kosten, who rarely went anywhere without Bear, was crushed. The pair even traveled the 3,000-mile Alaska-Canadian Highway together a couple years ago.
"It's not like a regular dog," said Gary Kosten, Janel's dad. "That guy was her life."

"She was devastated," he said. "Everywhere she would go she would take the dog. This trip, she didn't have to take the dog but he goes everywhere with her. When he came up missing, I felt so sorry for my daughter because I know what he means to her."
This morning, after four days out and about on his own, Bear was found. Details of his discovery are sketchy. But PDX officials said he's been reunited with Kosten, 29, a nurse who lives in Alaska.


More:

No comments: