Monday, November 3, 2008

PSA for boys...

The following conversation occurred last week:



Caller: Why does my girlfriend drag out arguments? It seems like we go through the same thing over and over and over again...

Me: You're not telling her what she wants to hear...I don't care what the problem is...Say the following in no particular order:
You're right.
I'm sorry, I was wrong.
I love you.
What do I need to do to make this ok?/What can WE do to fix this?

Then DO whatever she wants/expects. You will if you love her.

Caller: Why are you women so complicated?

Me: We're NOT! I just gave you a script of what to say in ANY situation!

Caller: You're right, I'm sorry, I love you...

Now...

Maybe I'm atypical, but when I engage in an argument every second of it is an opportunity for the recipient my anger to make everything ok. I wouldn't be talking to the person if I wasn't HOPING they would say what I needed to hear. (The above.)

EVEN when my tolerance has expired, and I can't talk to the person any longer...(Days, weeks, months, even YEARS could pass...) A grand gesture would immediately impact my opinion of "Our Future..." However, the more time that passes, the grander the necessary gesture.

A perfect example:

My ex Boyfriend failed the first portion...He was angry and confrontational...

Days after talking ceased, I went to Virgina for my best friend's wedding...If the guy in question had ditched work and jumped on a plane to surprise me at the reception, I would have taken him back...No question...No arguing...In a heartbeat...

It has now been almost a month...

At this juncture, if he performed a grand gesture...Such as flowers delivered every hour on the hour for every day we have been apart...(Not just flowers. Yellow Roses. My favorite flower.) I would quite likely forgive him and live happily ever after...

Now...If you're reading this (Guys) thinking:
Wow, that's a lot of money...
Wow, She's a high maintenance chick...
Wow, I would NEVER do that for a girl...

Then you don't love the person.
Maybe you have never been in love.
Being with someone for the long term, means you would do anything for them...You'd give your life for them...If you can't spend a couple grand on flowers when you've screwed up, you're not invested or in love. Bottom line.

It's not about the money or the time...It's about happiness...

Happiness is priceless.

I want to be the person that provides my boyfriend/husband with something priceless.

So show me I am priceless to you.

No comments: