Thursday, January 22, 2009

Match.com Day 2

I feel like I walked into a high-end boutique without my credit card.

I have twenty-eight dollars in my pocket, so I can afford a pair of socks.

I can't decide if I want to come back for the $600. pair of shoes, because it's winter and if I wore them, they'd be destroyed.

Plus, the $600. pair of shoes would cause me less stress in 6 months when I have saved for them.

But what if those shoes are gone in 6 months?

What if 6 months from now, I am ready for the shoes in every way...but someone else is wearing them?

Would that upset me, or would I find a different pair I like equally well or better?

So here I am...pondering over the socks.

Wondering why I'm here...

Because the sign above the door says, "Find what you're looking for."

And I didn't realize "Finding," had to be the point of "Looking."

2 comments:

Vikkicar said...

You should sleep on it. That is one pricey shoes. Even if I have the money, I won't be able to buy that shoes. I'd feel guilty spending too much on shoes. Unless, you are a shoe person [like a friend of mine], price is irrelevant no? :) I have a friend who likes LV bags, I get surprised whenever she buys them pricey bags. She can afford it tho. Still, to a non-bag person like me, it's just a bag. Hee.

Heather said...

You're right! And thanks for jumping into the metaphor with me :-)