Friday, January 23, 2009

Match.com Day 3

Friends, if you made it though the yesterday's uncertainty and emotional complexity, I salute you.

Shopping IS the easiest way to describe this experience.

And because I like shopping and boys it's an easy comparison :-)

Now...

For the purposes of this Blog, I will refer to each profile owner as a color.
(I thought about assigning numbers or letters to differentiate them...but there is really no ranking system. One isn't better or worse, higher or lower in my opinion, than another.)

Let's start with RED.

RED is the $600. pair of shoes I made reference to yesterday.

RED is the eye catching trophy-boyfriend type, who APPEARS to be mentally stable and semi-perfect. Committing to the pursuit of RED would be like committing to buy the $600. shoes.

I'm not convinced RED is a good idea...much like, I would never jump into buying $600. shoes.

Yet, I am still standing in the store sans credit card...pondering RED.

RED is the type of guy whose attractiveness demands the immediate credit card purchase.

If I don't do it, someone else will.

RED will not last here on Match.com

What am I waiting for, you ask?

Two words...

Buyer's remorse.

The inherent trouble with a credit card purchase.

It's risky.

In the several months it would take to determine whether or not my impression of RED is correct, I will be making payments on the emotional investment.

There are really only 2 possible outcomes:

1. The $600. pair of shoes, RED, become a wardrobe staple and worthwhile lifetime investment.

2. I am three months in, broken hearted, with a pair of shoes too tattered to wear and still costing me money.

*Sigh*

Tomorrow we will talk about BLUE, the "Socks."

1 comment:

Vikkicar said...

I'd go with BLUE!!! BLUE can always [and is a must] to be replaced in a matter of time. If RED is like Doc Martens' [I can't think of any other shoe brands that is known to be durable as DMs right now, not that I know a lot of durable shoes. I'm quite loyal to Nikes] longevity and durability, you can count on RED then. :)